First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last

Is Nintendo Switch worth the price?

246787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/29/17
I'm thinking of getting an Nintendo Switch this Summer after seeing some of the lineup for their games but is it worth it at the moment or wait for price to drop?

To those who have the Switch, what do you think of it?
20990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/29/17
Yes.
49443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / 24th Ward
Offline
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/29/17
I think it is.
14704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/29/17
Here's hoping that it doesn't suffer the same fate as the Wii U
13146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/29/17
If you're into Nintendo stuff, they've got a very strong line-up given what's out and what's coming up. If that's your cup of tea, I'd say it's probably worth it. They still haven't proven themselves this generation with anything 3rd party though so if you want more than just Nintendo I'd hold off for at least a while yet.
32628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/29/17
yes but wait for some games i got one and have only one game which i sold waiting for some good ones to come out.
246787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

yes but wait for some games i got one and have only one game which i sold waiting for some good ones to come out.


What game did you get?
5558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17

stark700 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

yes but wait for some games i got one and have only one game which i sold waiting for some good ones to come out.


What game did you get?


More than likely zelda. I would only recommend the Switch if you can't live without your Nintendo exclusives Zelda, Mario, etc.

Other than that most third parties don't even fuck with Nintendo so good luck finding many things to play.
29765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17
I think so. Handheld + console, two controllers to play with friends.
32628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17

stark700 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

yes but wait for some games i got one and have only one game which i sold waiting for some good ones to come out.


What game did you get?


Zelda
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17


I'm pretty happy with my Switch. The "Snake Pass" game was, more or less, a game for the girlfriend to play around with. I've played and beaten pretty much everything else on the list. I still play ARMS, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Ultra Street Fighter II, and PuyoPuyo Tetris quite a bit.

At the end of the day, it depends on your gaming style. I'm often either flying, in the office (at my desk) or sitting in awkward scenarios where gaming wouldn't be overly outrageous (while not home).
3915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17
i would wait until Black Friday to get it. They will have some good bundles for the console + more games worth buying.

The price of accessories for the Switch is pricey imo.
944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17

dulun18 wrote:

i would wait until Black Friday to get it. They will have some good bundles for the console + more games worth buying.

The price of accessories for the Switch is pricey imo.


I was about to say the same thing...I always wait a couple years if I don't have the cash to throw away. I used to be a big fan of Nintendo when I was older, but over the years I've noticed they've been recycling their stories/games for some time now. Just my opinion.
19902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/30/17
Currently, no. I'd wait until it drops.

I remember getting the Wii U at 269 Cad$ retail only in its second year of existence.
3915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/30/17 , edited 7/1/17

Kenshin_Heisuke wrote:


dulun18 wrote:

i would wait until Black Friday to get it. They will have some good bundles for the console + more games worth buying.

The price of accessories for the Switch is pricey imo.


I was about to say the same thing...I always wait a couple years if I don't have the cash to throw away. I used to be a big fan of Nintendo when I was older, but over the years I've noticed they've been recycling their stories/games for some time now. Just my opinion.


a couple of years might be too long for some..

I realized the same thing after 5 Pokemon games on the Gameboy Advance

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.