First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
July 1st: Canada Day
77844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17
<insert flag waving, parades, fireworks and of course Beer, here>

and something amusing for our friends to the south.

https://www.facebook.com/brittlestar/videos/10154720488206417/?hc_ref=SEARCH
19445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17
PGW glad to read you, Happy Birthday to the upstairs neighbor of the USA, just keep the noise down after midnight.
1598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17
I laughed at the apology at the end of the video. Bagged milk actually does seem like a good idea. I wonder why we don't do that? And I'm gonna visit you guys for some poutine; that sounds awesome. But screw the metric system.

Holy shit, KFC actually is written K'ehFC on their Canada website!
55707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
62 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17

foraslan wrote:
Bagged milk actually does seem like a good idea. I wonder why we don't do that?


Actually, we did, back when I was young. I distinctly remember having to put the bag in a pitcher, and cut the corner.

If you screwed it up, you made a mess, the corner cut was not always accurate, and when pouring, the bag could collapse at a certain fullness, causing a spill. The bags were easy to puncture accidentally, and you had to think fast to save most of it if that happened. If you didn't seal the opening with a clip, the milk got refrigerator smells embedded in it, and tasted bad if you didn't finish it in a day or so. Once the level was down a bit, the clip was hard to reach to open again. (The pitchers were narrow oval shaped) In general, they were just a PITA to use. As an adult, maybe those things are minor, but younger kids are not always very coordinated (or careful). We cried a lot over spilled milk...
12147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17
I hear there's a pretty big bash being thrown in my town for Canada Day so I'll probly be celebrating that way. It's the big 150 so its worth doing something big.
77844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17

Jamming777 wrote:

PGW glad to read you, Happy Birthday to the upstairs neighbor of the USA, just keep the noise down after midnight.


Thanks. I still live. Just didn't have energy for the forums for several months.


77844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17

octorockandroll wrote:

I hear there's a pretty big bash being thrown in my town for Canada Day so I'll probly be celebrating that way. It's the big 150 so its worth doing something big.


I'm leading a parade and then going in the Dunk Tank down at my branch of the Legion.


29639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Online
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17
Happy Canada day! The one day in the year your not freezing your asses off.
24648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
777 / The White House
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17
Happy Canada day our frozen brothers. May you light up the sky with grand detonations of explosives!!!
Ejanss 
17159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17

asharka wrote:


foraslan wrote:
Bagged milk actually does seem like a good idea. I wonder why we don't do that?


Actually, we did, back when I was young. I distinctly remember having to put the bag in a pitcher, and cut the corner.

If you screwed it up, you made a mess, the corner cut was not always accurate, and when pouring, the bag could collapse at a certain fullness, causing a spill. The bags were easy to puncture accidentally, and you had to think fast to save most of it if that happened. If you didn't seal the opening with a clip, the milk got refrigerator smells embedded in it, and tasted bad if you didn't finish it in a day or so. Once the level was down a bit, the clip was hard to reach to open again. (The pitchers were narrow oval shaped) In general, they were just a PITA to use. As an adult, maybe those things are minor, but younger kids are not always very coordinated (or careful). We cried a lot over spilled milk...


Plus, the argument over whether clear glass, opaque plastic, or solid cardboard "protects" the milk longer from light and exposure.

It takes me a week just to get through one half-gallon, and I solidly subscribe to the Cardboard theory.
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17
Long live Canada and the Queen!
6638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17

MysticGon wrote:

Happy Canada day! The one day in the year your not freezing your asses off.


no problems with the cold we adapted for example even during winter our beaches are still in use by people who go swimming in the nice ice cold waters
77844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/30/17

dragonlord1234 wrote:


MysticGon wrote:

Happy Canada day! The one day in the year your not freezing your asses off.


no problems with the cold we adapted for example even during winter our beaches are still in use by people who go swimming in the nice ice cold waters


Except maybe here in Toronto. We don't really get winter here, might have take the maple leaves and beavers off our sleeves


117266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
70 / M / Columbia, MO
Offline
Posted 6/30/17 , edited 6/30/17
Happy Canada Day, Joy. Indeed, it has been awhile since you've been present on the forums.

55405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 7/1/17 , edited 7/1/17


First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.