First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Not using right trans pronoun in Calif could put people in jail (LGBT Long-Term Care Resident Bill of R
336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / A hookah bar
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/18/17
Not surprised by California doing this.

But honestly, I can see this used as a measure to counter intolerance and hurtful language but making and enforcing a law against microaggression, which is entirely subjective, seems illogical. The LGBT want to normalize their way of life by bending the values and lives around them, which is an issue. You shouldn't force others to conform by making otherwise harmless interactions punishable by law.
29207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/18/17

Doom-Desire wrote:

So, what's your point? It's perfectly ok because they're using words in the English dictionary? I don't see how that counts for anything, there are a lot of stupid words that have been accepted into the English language. 'Twerk'? 'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious'? It's at least reassuring to know that nobody in this world identifies as the 'Mary Poppins' gender. Though I will concede you have a point that nobody is going to enforce that. Just like words there are loads of stupid laws out there as well. I think it's just the sheer audacity for someone to even conceive a bill that punishes the majority because some people got butthurt is what's riling people up.

Also for what it's worth this topic is people moaning about people moaning, so your non-chalant "Why is everyone moanining?" jab is the equivalent of going into a gay bar and sighing about everyone being a homo.



Let me clarify...words that are descriptively pronouns in the english language--not nouns, verbs, adjectives or whatever.

I can make fun of people getting triggered to this degree. It's a nursing home, a place where people can't just up and avoid malicious treatment. These nurse's jobs are to aid and take care of elderly folk with a variety of mental and physical problems--gender dysphoria is just one of many. If you have a better suggestion for treating these patients, love to hear it. Until then, this topic's participants have mostly contributed: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Humans tend to just emotionally react to everything.

Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/18/17

octorockandroll wrote:

What Canadian law puts people in jail for misgendering? Oh right, there is none but people spin C-16 to pretend it means that. I'm so sick of that bullshit, C-16 put gender identity into the human rights code and banning discrimination on the basis of gender identity. That's nothing like "not using the right pronoun could put you in jail" and honestly, if you're going to misrepresent that bill so much, I don't trust you not to do the same for this new Californian one.



There he is again, proudly ignoring his country's anti free speech laws and propaganda that is now being imported to commie states in the US.

12147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/18/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

What Canadian law puts people in jail for misgendering? Oh right, there is none but people spin C-16 to pretend it means that. I'm so sick of that bullshit, C-16 put gender identity into the human rights code and banning discrimination on the basis of gender identity. That's nothing like "not using the right pronoun could put you in jail" and honestly, if you're going to misrepresent that bill so much, I don't trust you not to do the same for this new Californian one.



There he is again, proudly ignoring his country's anti free speech laws and propaganda that is now being imported to commie states in the US.



Awww, are you gonna cry about someone being arrested for making violent threats again?
336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / A hookah bar
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/18/17

If you have a better suggestion for treating these patients, love to hear it. Until then, this topic's participants have mostly contributed: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Humans tend to just emotionally react to everything


I'll take you up on that.

Going by the premise you stated earlier about this being a mental illness; would you say that it is better to ignore a schizophrenic person's illness and dismissing it as harmless to themselves and potentially others, as opposed to addressing the illness and proposing proper treatment?

Stop pandering and find a legitimate treatment that doesn't force change in social politics.

Conforming to a situation by ignoring the problem is the very reason people get angry about it to this degree.
12147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/19/17

gwargan wrote:

[qoute]If you have a better suggestion for treating these patients, love to hear it. Until then, this topic's participants have mostly contributed: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Humans tend to just emotionally react to everything


I'll take you up on that.

Going by the premise you stated earlier about this being a mental illness; would you say that it is better to ignore a schizophrenic person's illness and dismissing it as harmless to themselves and potentially others, as opposed to addressing the illness and proposing proper treatment?

Stop pandering and find a legitimate treatment that doesn't force change in social politics.

Conforming to a situation by ignoring the problem is the very reason people get angry about it to this degree.

There already are treatments to gender dysphoria. It's called transitioning, you can chill out now.
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/18/17

octorockandroll wrote:

Awww, are you gonna cry about someone being arrested for making violent threats again?


Or "any kind of racist insult" and now add "transphobic insult" to it too with C 16


State funded anti free speech propaganda aimed at children. Smdh tbh fampai


12147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/18/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Awww, are you gonna cry about someone being arrested for making violent threats again?


Or "any kind of racist insult" and now add "transphobic insult" to it too with C 16


State funded anti free speech propaganda aimed at children. Smdh tbh fampai




Haha, what a crybaby. It's already been proven how much of a pathetic liar you are when it comes to Canadian law in a thread that actually had to do with it. I'm not gonna waste my time repeatong myself, but feel free to continue your screeching, it could be worth a few laughs.
5023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/18/17
We will see this go to the Supreme Court no doubt, this is another attempt to chip away at the 1st amendment.
336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / A hookah bar
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/18/17

octorockandroll wrote:


gwargan wrote:

[qoute]If you have a better suggestion for treating these patients, love to hear it. Until then, this topic's participants have mostly contributed: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Humans tend to just emotionally react to everything


I'll take you up on that.

Going by the premise you stated earlier about this being a mental illness; would you say that it is better to ignore a schizophrenic person's illness and dismissing it as harmless to themselves and potentially others, as opposed to addressing the illness and proposing proper treatment?

Stop pandering and find a legitimate treatment that doesn't force change in social politics.

Conforming to a situation by ignoring the problem is the very reason people get angry about it to this degree.

There already are treatments to gender dysphoria. It's called transitioning, you can chill out now.


Oh I wasn't mad, I was just making an argument.

Agreed on transitioning, but like I said earlier, policing what people say, offensive or unintentionally offensive, is problem. I believe you said something to this effect about Canada?
1453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/18/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:
There he is again, proudly ignoring his country's anti free speech laws and propaganda that is now being imported to commie states in the US.


There he goes again, posting images out of context to prove his point.

"Every day, we're exposed to all sorts of stereotypes and one-sided information. Stuff like history."
History is told by the victors.
I'm surprised that you're using this as an example when you, yourself, have voiced the desire to keep statues and monuments up for the "losers" of a civil war and get all antsy about history being erased (separate topic).
You also forgot to mention that "news" was part of the example they provided in regard to "one-sided information".
It's suggested to ask more questions, to learn more about things from a different person's perspective before judging them ... wait, is this a site for children to "unlearn" racism?
Here I thought we were at a high school comprehension level. I thought wrong.
The images you posted were out of context and you ran a little liberal with interpretations.
Yikes.

I think people are making mountains out of ant hills right now.
First, the usage of the "UnlearnRacism.ca" site was invalid as an argument due to faulted interpretation.
Second, the freaking out about SB 219 haven't read it through its entirety.
It looks like Prince Judar and Ryulightorb are the only two who actually have any clue as to what it entails and why it exists, to begin with.
This isn't focused on all citizens of California, just those who are in long-term care facilities.
People need to calm down and learn to read a few words before knee-jerking to an emotional reaction.
29207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/18/17

gwargan wrote:

I'll take you up on that.

Going by the premise you stated earlier about this being a mental illness; would you say that it is better to ignore a schizophrenic person's illness and dismissing it as harmless to themselves and potentially others, as opposed to addressing the illness and proposing proper treatment?

Stop pandering and find a legitimate treatment that doesn't force change in social politics.

Conforming to a situation by ignoring the problem is the very reason people get angry about it to this degree.


We have medication to help with Schizophrenia, there is not currently medication that effectively aids in gender dysphoria. If there were a better medical approach to the disorder we'd be having that conversation, but there isn't any nor do you have one. Although, feel free to correct and enlighten me if you do.

Again, what is your alternative approach to addressing this currently outside of screeching to find a better treatment that doesn't harm your political fee-fees? What 'proper' treatment are you proposing?

16131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / AH / Helipad
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/18/17
Yet another reason not to live in California.
336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / A hookah bar
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/18/17

PrinceJudar wrote:


gwargan wrote:

I'll take you up on that.

Going by the premise you stated earlier about this being a mental illness; would you say that it is better to ignore a schizophrenic person's illness and dismissing it as harmless to themselves and potentially others, as opposed to addressing the illness and proposing proper treatment?

Stop pandering and find a legitimate treatment that doesn't force change in social politics.

Conforming to a situation by ignoring the problem is the very reason people get angry about it to this degree.


We have medication to help with Schizophrenia, there is not currently medication that effectively aids in gender dysphoria. If there were a better medical approach to the disorder we'd be having that conversation, but there isn't any nor do you have one. Although, feel free to correct and enlighten me if you do.

Again, what is your alternative approach to addressing this currently outside of screeching to find a better treatment that doesn't harm your political fee-fees? What 'proper' treatment are you proposing?



This is a good conversation that could actually be helpful to others in the thread, outside of chiding me and them for having an opposite view.

Currently, no. But changing law to avoid offending sick people based on individual subjective view isn't a fair or helpful treatment. Like I said, it's pandering and the treatment proposed by California is almost purely symbolic.

I would propose psychological treatment and medication. It would be a proper response to those afflicted and would make the people bitching have less to argue with and shut up. Now, for every human that feels this way? It's quite obvious statistically that this is mostly a fad in recent years, but I won't ignore the fact that there are people with gender dysphoria and are suffering immensely.
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/18/17

PrinceJudar wrote:


We have medication to help with Schizophrenia, there is not currently medication that effectively aids in gender dysphoria.


The anti psychotic medication Pimozide works wonders at treating gender dysphoria.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.