Adaptation based on romance manga by Kei Sasuga hits MBS and other stations on January 11, 2019
The Japanese TV scheduled has been revealed for Domestic Girlfriend (known in Japan as Domestic na Kanojo), an upcoming TV anime based on the romance manga by Kei Sasuga about a young man whose love life becomes a lot more complicated when his father remarries and he meets his new step-sisters.
Domestic Girlfriend is part of the "Animeism" programming block, and it will broadcast as follows:
- MBS (Mainichi Broadcasting System): every Friday during the 25:55 time slot beginning on January 11, 2019.
- TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting System): every Friday during the 25:55 time slot beginning on January 11, 2019.
- BS-TBS: every Saturday during the 25:00 time slot beginning on January 12, 2019.
- AT-X: every Monday during the 22:00 time slot beginning on January 14, 2019.
- ATV: every Monday during the 25:28 time slot beginning on January 21, 2019.
Please note that some Japanese TV schedules count early-morning programming as late-night programming of the previous day, so for examples the 25:55 time slot on Friday evening is actually at 1:55 AM JST on Saturday morning.
The original Domestic Girlfriend manga is serialized in Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine, and an English language version is also available in-print from Kodansha USA and via simulpub by Crunchryoll manga, who describe the story of Domestic Girlfriend as follows:
High schooler Natsuo is hopelessly in love with his cheerful and popular teacher, Hina. However, one day at a mixer, he meets a moody girl by the name of Rui and ends up sleeping with her. Soon after, his father announces that he's getting remarried to a woman with two daughters of her own. And who shows up in tow, other than both Hina and Rui?! Natsuo's outrageous new life starts now!
Domestic Girlfriend is directed by Shota Ihata and features animation production by Diomedéa.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.