Ex-idol group SMAP member Goro Inagaki Join the voice cast
The official Twitter for the forthcoming anime film adaptation of Daisuke Igarashi's award-winning fantasy manga Kaiju no Kodomo/Children of the Sea has posted its main poster visual with a tagline: "The most important promise is not be exchanged in words."
In addition to the previously announced three, four more voice cast are also confirmed.
- Masaaki Azumi (the protagonist Ruka's farther): Goro Inagaki (ex-member of idol group SMAP)
- Kanako Azumi (Ruka's mother): Yu Aoi (Onee-san in Penguin Highway)
- Sensei: (Handball club teacher at Ruka's school): Toru Watanabe
- Dede (mysterious person who observes Sora and Umi): Sumiko Fuji (Sakae Jinnouchi in Summer Wars)
Previously announced three:
- Ruka Azumi: Mana Ashida (14/Mako Mori in her childhood in Pacific Rim)
- Sora: Hiiro Ishibashi (14/Muguel in Coco Japanese dub)
- Umi: Airu Kubozuka (16/actor Yosuke Kubozuka's son, his first voice acting role)
52-year-old Ayumu Watanabe (After the Rain, Gurazeni) is confirmed to serve as director at Studio 4°C
(Tekkonkinkreet, Berserk: Golden Age Arc), alongside character designer/chief animation director Keinichi
Konishi (Tokyo Godfathers, A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd). Internationally renowned composer
Joe Hisaishi (Hayao Miyazaki, Takeshi Kitano films) provides soundtrack music.
The film's release date in Japan is set for June 7, 2019.
© KaijunoKodomo Committee
© Daisuke Igarashi/Shogakukan