Main staff, main cast, and Japanese broadcast schedule revealed for July adaptation of 4-panel fantasy comedy manga
A new key visual, the main staff, the main cast, and the Japanese broadcast schedule have all been revealed for Machikado Mazoku. an upcoming TV anime based on the 4-panel fantasy comedy manga by Izumi Ito about a demon girl who is tasked with defeating a magical girl, only for the two of them to become unlikely friends.
The main staff for Machikado Mazoku includes:
- Original work: Machikado Mazoku by Izumi Ito (serialized in Houbunsha's Manga Time Kirara Carat)
- Director: Hiroaki Sakurai
- Series composition: Keiichiro Daichi
- Character design: Mai Ohtsuka
- Animation production: J.C. Staff
The main cast for Machikado Mazoku includes:
Konomi Kohara as Yuko Yoshida.
And Akari Kitō as Momo Chiyoda.
Additionally, Minami Takahashi provides the voice of Lilith, while Tomoyo Takanagi provides the voice of Mikan Hinatsuki (not pictured).
The story of Machikado Mazoku follows Yuko Yoshida, a 15 year old girl who suddenly develops dark powers and discovers that she is the descendent of a tribe of demons. Yuko is tasked with defeating the maidens of the Tribe of Light (i.e. magical girls) by her ancestor, Lilith, so Yuko challenges magical girl Momo Chiyoda to a fight. However, Yuko is not a very strong demon girl, so Momo is easily defeats her. Afterwards, the two strike up an unlikely friendship.
Machikado Mazoku will broadcast in Japan according to the following TV schedule:
- TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting System): every Thursday during the 25:28 time slot beginning on July 11, 2019.
- BS-TBS: every Saturday during the 26:00 time slot beginning on July 13, 2019.
Please note that some Japanese broadcast schedules count early-morning programming as late-night programming of the previous day, so for example the 26:00 time slot on Saturday evening is actually on Sunday morning at 2:00 AM JST.
Source: Comic Natalie
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.