Animated theatrical entry in action / horror tokusatsu franchise hits theaters in Japan in October of 2018
The main staff and cast have been revealed for Usuzumizakura -GARO- ("Ink-gray Cherry Blossoms -GARO-"), an upcoming theatrical anime film that takes the GARO action / horror tokusatsu franchise and transplants it into a Heian Era setting.
The main staff of Usuzumizakura -GARO- includes:
- Original work: Keita Amemiya
- Director: Satoshi Nishimura
- Screenplay: Yasuko Kobayashi
- Main character design: Masakazu Katsura
- Animation character design: Ai Yokoyama, Masao Ebihara
- Art director: Kazuyuki Hashimoto
- Director of photography: Uehama Makishi
- Color design: Yoshinori Horikawa
- CG Director: Masato Takahashi
- Editor: Yumi Jinguji
- Music: Ryuichi Takada, MONACA
- Sound director: Sōichirō Kubo
- Production: Studio M2, Studio VOLN
- Distribution: Tohokushinsha Film Corporation
The main cast of Usuzumizakura -GARO- includes:
Masei Nakayama as Raikou.
Romi Park as Seimei.
Akiko Yajima as Kintoki.
Kenyu Horiuchi as Fujiwarano Michinaga.
Daisuke Namikawa as Fujiwarano Yasusuke.
Katsuhito Nomura as Fujiwarano Yorinobu.
And Mayu Udono as Inari.
Additionally, Jôji Nakata will play Tenko and Tomokazu Seki will play Takeru (not pictured).
Set in the imperial capital of Kyō during the height of the Heian period, Usuzumizakura -GARO- tells the story of a fateful meeting between two onmyōji sorcerers, and how their tragic and transient encounter coincides with the most profuse blooming of cherry blossoms in 1000 years.
Usuzumizakura -GARO- hits theaters in Japan in October of 2018.
Official Usuzumizakura -GARO- home page
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.