VIZ Media to distribute the final arc adaptation starting this October
Today's Bleach celebration panel at Anime Expo 2022 served up a fresh look at the upcoming TV anime adapting the final arc of Tite Kubo's series. Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War kicks off on TV in Japan this October, with VIZ Media releasing the series in English, and you can see what's in store in a brand new promo and key visual.
First up, the new trailer:
New staff members confirmed include chief animation directors Michio Hasegawa (PERSONA5 the Animation), Sey Komatsubara (Fate/Grand Order: Final Singularity - The Grand Temple of Time: Solomon) and Kumiko Takayanagi (NEW GAME!),
Directing Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War will be Tomohisa Taguchi at Studio Pierrot, with Taguchi also writing the series composition, Masashi Kudo returning to design the characters, and Shiro Sagisu returning to do the music.
Joining the original Bleach cast will be the following returning from the Bleach: Brave Souls game:
- Naomi Kusumi as Ichibe Hyosube
- Yoji Ueda as Oetsu Nimaiya
- Tomoyuki Shimura as Tenjiro Kirinji
- Rina Sato as Senjumaru Shutara
- Ayumi Tsunematsu as Kirio Hikifune
- Takayuki Sugo as Yhwach
- Yuichiro Umehara as Jugram Haschwalth
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Askin Nakk le Vaar
- Ayana Taketatsu as Bambietta Basterbine
- Yuki Ono as Bazz-B
- Yumi Uchiyama as Candice Catnipp
- Natsuki Hanae as Gremmy Thoumeaux
- Satoshi Hino as Lille Barro
Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War begins on TV Tokyo in October 2022. Crunchyroll is streaming the original series in its entirety, describing it as such:
BLEACH follows the story of Ichigo Kurosaki. When Ichigo meets Rukia he finds his life is changed forever.